Guarantee and Warranty
Guarantee and Warranty
- It must be understood, that installing any of the Cocky Valve range of products, the Customer acknowledges and accepts the full terms of this limited lifetime warranty in all respects. If for any reason the Customer does not accept the terms of this limited warranty, the Customer should contact us at email@example.com to discuss how best to arrange a return and a refund.
- Magenta Haze P/L t/a COCKY VAVLE (“COCKY VALVE”) warrants each of its range of products (“Product”) to the original customer (“Customer”) against defects in materials and workmanship or against breakage. The warranty runs for the life of the Product.
- This is a parts only replacement warranty. The Customer is responsible for disassembling, reassembling and reinstalling the Product. COCKY VALVE shall not be responsible or liable for the cost of field labour or other charges incurred by the Customer in removing and/or reaffixing any Product, part or component thereof.
- To make a warranty claim, the Customer should contact COCKY VALVE at firstname.lastname@example.org. COCKY VALVE may instruct the Customer to return the Product to point of purchase or if purchased online back to COCKY VALVE warehouse.
- All returns must be pre-approved. Unauthorised returns will not be accepted.
- COCKY VALVE will always evaluate any warranty claim fairly. If COCKY VALVE accepts the claim, it will replace the Product. If for any reason COCKY VALVE does not wish to replace the Product, it shall refund the Purchase Price. Hansen’s liability shall not exceed the purchase price of the Product.
- COCKY VALVE’s sole responsibility is to replace a Product that is the subject of a valid warranty claim or to refund the purchase price. Under no circumstance will COCKY VALVE be liable for direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential losses, costs or damages, including dismantling and re-installation costs, damage to other property and equipment, water loss or water damage.
- This warranty is void in any of the following circumstances:
- The Product has been misused, mishandled, neglected abused.
(b) The Product is not suitable for the Customer’s application.
(c) The Product has been improperly installed, operated, repaired, adjusted, serviced or maintained.
(d) The Product has been damaged other than by reason of a Product defect.
(e) The Product has been modified.
(f) The Product has been connected to other equipment with which it is not compatible.
(g) The Product has been used outside its stated specifications, and operating parameters, including specifications and operating parameters relating to capacity, temperature and pressure.
(h) The Product has been used for purposes other than for which it was designed.
- If the Product is off-warranty or otherwise not subject to a valid warranty claim, COCKY VALVE will replace the Product at the Customer’s cost.
- There are many factors that can cause a Product not to function as designed. These factors may have nothing to do with the Product itself (e.g. stock damage, increased pressure, water supply failure etc). Therefore, before making a warranty claim, the Customer should make sure that the COCKY VALVE Product is truly defective. The Customer should firstly conduct a series of standard trouble shooting and fault-finding procedures to ensure that the problem can be attributed solely to a defect in the COCKY VALVE Product.
The COCKY VALVE website has a series of animations showing installation and maintenance. There are also some technical specifications on the website and some of the packaging. If none of that helps, then contact COCKY VALVE by phone or email for technical support.
- If COCKY VALVE decides that a returned Product was not defective, or that the warranty claim was otherwise not valid, COCKY VALVE at its absolute discretion, may decide not to replace the defective product or offer any refund. It may simply decide to return the product to the customer and charge the Customer a service and handling fee as well as the freight cost.
- This warranty applies to COCKY VALVE Products only. It does not apply to other associated products over which COCKY VALVE has no control. Such equipment may include, without limitation, other plumbing equipment, pipes, hoses and fittings, tanks and troughs.
- COCKY VALVE Products are used in variety of sectors including but not limited to: rural, food and beverage and mining in a variety of applications and operating environments. Therefore, proper selection of a specific COCKY VALVE Product for a specific application and operating environment, and its compatibility with other equipment to which it is attached, is the Customer’s responsibility.
- The Customer must assume the ultimate responsibility for the proper sizing, selection, compatibility, installation, and operation of COCKY VALVE Products.
- COCKY VALVE does not warrant the performance of its Products or their suitability for a particular purpose. It is the Customer’s responsibility to decide the suitability of COCKY VALVE Products for the Customer’s use.
- Installation is entirely at the Customer’s risk. The Customer is responsible for installing the Product in accordance with COCKY VALVE’s installation instructions and applicable local codes, ordinances and good trade practices. COCKY VALVE accepts no liability for damages resulting from faulty installation.
- COCKY VALVE accepts no liability for direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages resulting from the Customer’s failure to follow COCKY VALVE’s warnings, installation instructions and procedures or such other procedures generally applicable to products of the same type.
- The foregoing limitation extends to damages to person or property as well as the cost of alternative arrangements and the cost of trades people.
- COCKY VALVE reserves the right to change or improve its Products or any component thereof without being obligated to provide such a change or improvement for Products sold and/or shipped prior to such change or improvement.
- No warranties or representations at any time made by any representative of COCKY VALVE Products shall vary or expand the provisions hereof. Notwithstanding the foregoing, this warranty, being a generic warranty covering all COCKY VALVE Products, shall not apply in circumstances where COCKY VALVE or its authorised reseller gives a specific warranty.
- This express warranty disclaims any other express or implied warranties, including warranties of merchant ability or fitness for purpose, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations or disclaimers of implied or statutory warranties. Some jurisdictions do not allow disclaimers or exclusions of consequential or incidental damages. Therefore, the above disclaimers, limitations and exclusions may not apply in all jurisdictions in which COCKY VALVE sells Products.
- As to any jurisdiction in which one or more clauses in this warranty are unenforceable, this warranty shall be deemed modified, and the offending clauses amended or removed, but only to the extent necessary to bring this warranty into conformity with the laws in such jurisdiction. The invalidity of any clause in this warranty shall not affect the validity of any other clause.
- This warranty gives the Customer specific legal rights. The Customer may have other rights or remedies pursuant to the laws in its territory. Nothing in this limited warranty should be construed as limiting or restricting any other statutory right or remedy of the Customer, except for such limitations or restrictions herein as may be allowed by the law of the territory.
- In the case of legal action being commenced in relation to this warranty, then the laws of Victoria, Australia shall apply.